"A little progress everyday adds up to big results"

Sunday 29 July 2012

Education system

               This post is just to share my sufferings and not to complaint about the education system. 

My HSC (12th std) exam:
                       I usually love Mathematics since my school days. But, during my 12th standard public exam, though I had a good preparation, I couldn't write the Mathematics exam properly, because of the tension as the question paper was bit lengthy and was not according to the blue print. So, I scored just 182 in Mathematics. Mathematics score plays a very important role in getting seats in Engineering colleges as 50% of the cut-off is Mathematics mark.

How I suffered?
                          I concentrated equally on all the subjects and had obtained a total score of 1137, whereas my cut-off was just 189.75 (because of Maths, as I scored 197 in Physics and 198 in Chemistry). Students who mainly focused on PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Maths) subjects had good cut-off, but less total score. They got seats in reputed colleges and government colleges, whereas I worried a lot. But, I don't mean that Sona College is not a reputed college. What I mean is "Why do people give more importance to only three subjects rather than the total score?". This is not only my question. It's the question of many people, who suffered and are suffering like me.

"The 3 hour examination is more important than the 1 year preparation!"

1 comment:

  1. A continuous assessment or an entrance examination is advisable.

    ReplyDelete