"A little progress everyday adds up to big results"

Wednesday 6 June 2012

Vignesh Jagadeesan

                     Vignesh Jagadeesan is one of my best friends. Here I am going to tell you, how we became friends.

Meeting:
                     During the first year of my engineering, I used to go to college by bus. Vignesh also used to come to college by bus. We had seen each other. But, hadn't spoken to each other. Vignesh had achieved a lot by presenting papers, posters and also by winning in almost all of his presentations and competitions that he participated in, during his first year of engineering itself! He maintains a social relationship with everyone he meets. I used to see him noting down the unknown terms from the newspaper in the college library.

First speaking:
                      It was the last day of our first semester theory examinations. It was 'Engineering Graphics' exam where we were supposed to draw some shapes using a template. It was held batch-wise and after my batch completed the exam, Vignesh had his exam. He forgot to bring his template. So, he asked mine. I gave and even before I ask his name and department, he introduced himself to be 'J.Vignesh from CSE - C section'. He told that if I am not available, he would give the template the next semester after 10 days of semester holidays. I accepted.

Template:
                  As his face showed that he is so sincere and is a very responsible person, he returned back the template on the very first day of the college reopening, by coming to my class! After some days, when I went to his class, everybody in the class started shouting. I was shocked and didn't know the reason. Then I came to know that they are making fun of Vignesh and me, as we look the same.

A wonder:
                     Whoever sees us both for the first time, used to ask us whether we are brothers. I had written a modified version of 10 Thirukkurals, which I had shown to the first year dean, Mr. Karunakaran. He had asked Vignesh, are you the boy who wrote those Thirukkurals. I came to know this around the end of 2nd year ( on March 10th ). The wonder is that, both our characters as well as appearance matches almost exactly!

First presentations:
                 No sooner we became friends, we started doing presentations together from the third semester. The first paper presentation that we did was in Sri Venkateswara College of Engineering, Chennai and the first project presentation was in Thiyagaraja College of Engineering, Madhurai. But, before that, we both attended In-plant training at BSNL, Salem.

Teachers' comment:
                      Vignesh's class councellor, Ms. Theetchanya, said when she met me for the first time,  "அதே தலை, அதே முடி, அதே மண்டை" and dean of CSE, Dr. Usha mam used to make fun of us, by saying "Suresh... Ramesh..." ( because, it was a famous 'Diary milk' advertisement at that time ).

Feeling proud:
                     If I hadn't been a friend of Vignesh, I might not be able to undergo a fellowship, which is a turning point in everyones life! I wish him all success in his life. I am very proud to be his friend and trust that our friendship will never end!

No comments:

Post a Comment