"A little progress everyday adds up to big results"

Tuesday 31 July 2012

Earthing your PC to prevent shocks

                   Sometimes, if the power line of the house is not connected to earth properly, we might get shock on touching electronic devices. I used to get shock whenever I insert pen drive to my system. So, whenever I insert a pen drive to my system, I kept my feet in the air so that there is no physical contact between my body and the ground. Though this solved the problem temporarily, I needed a permanent solution. As we (my parents and I) were staying in a rent house (in the first floor of the building), I couldn't do the conventional earthing.

                             When I consulted the situation to an electrician, the solution given by him was so simple. "Fill a small pot/jug with sand, connect one of the USB ports with the sand by means of any wire and keep the sand wet all the time". This was the suggestion given by him. I tried the same and now, everything is fine and there are no more shocks.

"For every big problem, there is a simple solution"

No comments:

Post a Comment