"A little progress everyday adds up to big results"

Sunday 27 May 2012

Me as a part of power cut

I was developing 'Speaker Recognizer' application for android as my fellowship project at IIIT, Hyderabad. It was the time when power cut was a major problem in Tamil Nadu as well as in Andhra Pradesh. Students working in my guide's ( Dr. Kishore S. Prahallad ) laboratory used to just turn off the monitor and leave every day ( without shutting down the system ). But, I used to shutdown everyday.

Due to some reason, my monitor contents were shaking on every boot ( even after replacing the monitor ). Though it was corrected after restarting several times, it suck nearly one and half hours every day. I was very interested in developing the app and so, I had no other go. I had to turn off the monitor and leave the lab every day.

I felt very bad for being a part of power scarcity.

No comments:

Post a Comment